* Top ticker

Get your Phase III Recovery at P3Drinks.com

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Kunsteraar

• Foreign investor
  • Blue, because a camel has two bumps.
Movies
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:42:56 AM »
Lately I've been watching a lot of movies as my christmas holiday is about to start. I'm a real cinephile and am a regular at the cinema (have a pass proving it and everything, lol). Lately I'm watching a lot of movies with financial themes in it and maybe you guys know some good ones. But any movie suggestion is good enough for me. Let me know what you can think off. Oh, and I've already seen Wall Street ofcourse ;)
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline blackfin2

• Administrator First Class
  • It's how much you win when you win.
Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »
Other Peoples Money with Danny De Vito  "Buggy Whips"
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Comedy themed financial movie: Trading Places

Then there is:

Boiler Room

Nova
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline SeerII

• Global Moderator
  • Drinks $$$ or bust !
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
kun, check out The Sting....Newman and Redford...3 Days of the Condor, outstanding movie, Redford, Faye Dunnaway..christmas movies, Holiday Inn, Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby...Come to the Stable, Loretta Young, Celeste Holm..The Bells of St Marys, Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman...oldies, but some of the best you will ever watch... great topic movies ! The Hunt for Red October, Animal House, I could hang out here all night....lol  ;D
A future event is a past event that hasn't happened yet. Today you are as old as you have ever been, and younger than you will ever be.

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
Seer,

I have to say, those are hands down great.  As soon as Roy makes us rich, you are in charge of Entertainment.
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline dwj

• "i shall return.....to ROOL!"
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
how about "Superman 2"...the one in which General Zod takes over the planet............compelling stuff

or....i like to catch"it's a wonderful life" every xmas season, along with "trading places"

Offline Kunsteraar

• Foreign investor
  • Blue, because a camel has two bumps.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »
Awesome suggestions guys! I will not be bored now, as I have to wait for a month before college starts again. Seer, keep 'm coming!

Anyone waiting for a title that's coming out soon? Django is coming out here in January, heard it's good.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline jewelerbrad

• Advisor
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
These aren't "money" movies, but here are some of my favorite PCU, Brewster's Millions, The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, Harrison Bergeron, Groundhog Day, Stripes, Trading Places, Coming to America, History of the World Part 1, The Prophecy, Dogma

Offline dwj

• "i shall return.....to ROOL!"
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:11:49 AM »
The plaza hotel, the Godfather