* Top ticker

Get your Phase III Recovery at P3Drinks.com

Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 9290 times)

Offline Brown Recluse

• The Founder of this forum
  • Administrator
Re: Recipes
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
Tonight its lobster!!!

I'll take the leftovers.

My man I eat every piece of meat I can find in a lobster.  I m no claw and tail fool 8)
Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Offline bigrayyy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
i kept it pretty basic tonite...couple of Johnsonville brats on da grill...build a nice pile of charcoal on one side of my Weber grill and put the brats just on the outside of the coals---flip 'em every 5minutes or so...4 beers and they're done to perfection
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only
then will you learn the game."
"To improve is to change; to be
perfect is to change often."

Winston Churchill

Seer58

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »
once again I'm in the caboose with fried chicken from kroger...wtf..... 8)

Offline Brown Recluse

• The Founder of this forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
once again I'm in the caboose with fried chicken from kroger...wtf..... 8)

Bro do we have to start sending you care packages?
Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Seer58

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »
lol brown...actually I worked this weekend, my weekend, wife ate with her family and friends, actually for the money, kroger has some pretty good bird.. the colonel is good, but so overpriced, cant do it...kroger gets the nod...of course, had my standard bottle of franks hot wing dipping sauce nearby for a little zippity do dah... 8)

Offline PennysFromHeaven

• Charlestoned, high on lowcountry fishing!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 10:35:47 AM »
i kept it pretty basic tonite...couple of Johnsonville brats on da grill...build a nice pile of charcoal on one side of my Weber grill and put the brats just on the outside of the coals---flip 'em every 5minutes or so...4 beers and they're done to perfection

I slice 2 onions into rings in a pot. Add 2 beers, usually Gennesse. Brats on top and boil, turn em over a few times.  Before the beer is all gone slip in a stick of butter. Turn the heat down and let the onions caramelize.  Brats can be braised off on the grill but not necessary. Brats just love a beer bath. Makes em happy!  oh yeh gotta have some good brown mustard.

Offline PennysFromHeaven

• Charlestoned, high on lowcountry fishing!
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
hope this works. I put all my single recipes into one file. been working on this cook book for about a year. enjoy!

some of these are standards and my wife asked me to put down for the grandkids cooking interests.  Both my sons are great cooks and their wives rave about their cooking skills. the final title will be "...born out of self preservation"

ps I'll steal yer recipe in a heartbeat so don't feel about about stealing mine!

Offline blackfin2

• Administrator First Class
  • It's how much you win when you win.
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
Last night I/we did a rack of baby back ribs, mesquite smoked...A quicker version of the BR 10 B ribs if you will.

Made broccoli slaw and homemade mac and cheese.  The bulk of the cheese I used was Kerrygold Dubliner.  Glad I made way too much, damn good, with lots left over.

Topped it off with homemade Cherry cheese cake.

Had to wait until now to type it, I was so full I couldn't move.
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline bigrayyy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »

I slice 2 onions into rings in a pot. Add 2 beers, usually Gennesse. Brats on top and boil, turn em over a few times.  Before the beer is all gone slip in a stick of butter. Turn the heat down and let the onions caramelize.  Brats can be braised off on the grill but not necessary. Brats just love a beer bath. Makes em happy!  oh yeh gotta have some good brown mustard.

i printed this out...sounds damn good!!!   i'll still do 'em on da grill during the season but this sounds fantastic fer the winter months

thanks
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only
then will you learn the game."
"To improve is to change; to be
perfect is to change often."

Winston Churchill

Offline blackfin2

• Administrator First Class
  • It's how much you win when you win.
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »

i printed this out...sounds damn good!!!   i'll still do 'em on da grill during the season but this sounds fantastic fer the winter months

thanks

I'm going to try that one tonight.

This recipe does two things that are good:

Let's me go to the liquor store, and (2) eat brats and caramelized onions. 8)
"I'm your Hucklebearer."