* Top ticker

Get your Phase III Recovery at P3Drinks.com

Author Topic: 2012 Tour de France  (Read 2734 times)

Offline blackfin2

• Administrator First Class
  • It's how much you win when you win.
2012 Tour de France
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
Australian Cadel Evans will be looking for a second win this year.  George Hancapie, 39 years old, from the USA, will be participating in his 17th Tour de France, that's more that any other cyclist so far.

Levi Leipheimer, USA, finished third in 2007.  Stage 10 winner in 2007.  The guy is a powerhouse.

Bradley Wiggins, UK, Great rider, the guy is a contender.

Thor Hushovd, big Norwegian, Team BMC, This guy is a great sprinter, he will always be at the front of every stage sprinting for the stage win against Bradley and Ivan.

Frank and Andy Schleck, two brothers that really kicked ass and were contenders.  Andy had a bad fall earlier this year and broke his pelvis.  Frank will be going it alone this time.

Ivan Basso, Fabien Cancellara, Tony Martin, this years Tour will be won by a"climber" , more mountain stages this year than most.

My cousin was able to ride in Lance Armstrongs support vehicle  on several occasions during the Tour in years past.  If only we had that connection now to get Phase III on the tour.......

We need to find a way to get Phase III to one of the teams, the Tour lasts for three weeks.
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline Brown Recluse

• The Founder of this forum
  • Administrator
Re: 2012 Tour de France
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »
Australian Cadel Evans will be looking for a second win this year.  George Hancapie, 39 years old, from the USA, will be participating in his 17th Tour de France, that's more that any other cyclist so far.

Levi Leipheimer, USA, finished third in 2007.  Stage 10 winner in 2007.  The guy is a powerhouse.

Bradley Wiggins, UK, Great rider, the guy is a contender.

Thor Hushovd, big Norwegian, Team BMC, This guy is a great sprinter, he will always be at the front of every stage sprinting for the stage win against Bradley and Ivan.

Frank and Andy Schleck, two brothers that really kicked ass and were contenders.  Andy had a bad fall earlier this year and broke his pelvis.  Frank will be going it alone this time.

Ivan Basso, Fabien Cancellara, Tony Martin, this years Tour will be won by a"climber" , more mountain stages this year than most.

My cousin was able to ride in Lance Armstrongs support vehicle  on several occasions during the Tour in years past.  If only we had that connection now to get Phase III on the tour.......

We need to find a way to get Phase III to one of the teams, the Tour lasts for three weeks.

Maybe we can get Lake to do an air drop from his plane.
Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Offline Rowdy

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
You just need somebody dressed up as a Phase III bottle running up the road next to the riders during the mountain stages.

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
Rowdy,

You read my mind.  A steep mountain stage(all the steep mountain stages) near the top.....Be one of those idiots that run along side of the riders wearing a Phase III can outfit.

We'll need several guys, some carrying banners on flag poles running.

Trip and fall, knock a rider or two off their bikes......

Would get to be one of the few that get beat down by the french police......

But, you would be talked about for months......The video clip would go viral.....
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »
A non event of a day on the Tour, except a f...king (clink) guy with a camera stepped out to snap a few shots and caused one hell of a crash in the peloton.  He needs to be caned.  There were several crashes today.  Those guys go down hard.  Cadel Evans was at the front of the peloton as they rounded a corner and ran over a one liter plastic bottle(empty), and was lucky enough to pull the front end up at the last millisecond, or he would have gone down and taken thirty or so riders with him.  When he hit the bottle, it shot out to the side of the road like it was fired from a slingshot.

Probably not mentioned in the write ups, Tejay Van Garderen from Boulder, CO won the white jersey today.  Team BMC.  New, up and coming rider from the US.  ATTD might need to sponsor him.
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »
I know, I know, most of you guys are ball sport guys. 

So, I've sat quiet while watching the Tour.  Tomorrow is the final stage.

Bradley Wiggins, took the yellow jersey in stage seven, and has had it since......

The final stage is tomorrow(Stage 20).  Great Britain hasn't had a winner in the Tour in 40 years....

They just might pull off, a First and Second on the last Stage.

Hats off the the homeland.........

USA has a top ten.......5th place Tejay Van Garderen

He should have been a P3 sponsored rider.  A young, up and coming.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:54:19 AM by blackfin2 »
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
FYI,  Bradley Wiggins won.  Brits took first and second.. 
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline dwj

• "i shall return.....to ROOL!"
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
Today Lance Armstrong is being disgraced. I never knew he had so many sponsors, now that they are all dropping off of him

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:11 PM »
It's a witch hunt.  The USADA is a disgrace.  Lance will always be remembered for his 7 TDF wins, no matter what happens.

Point being that he was cleared back then.  Retesting samples several years down the road with new technology is  too late and water under the bridge. 

How would you feel about racing, knowing that years down the road that you could be disqualified over some new test or rule?  It's like taking the Superbowl title away years later, after reviewing slow motion footage of fowl calls.  BS

Did he dope?  Most likely.  But, all the top contenders do to some degree.  They will never stop Athletes from trying to improve performance.  High Altitude training and specialized diets could also be considered as un-natural performance aids.

It's a sad turn of events for competitive cycling.

USADA..... Abuse of authority and wussies.(Retro testing years after the fact?)wtf
"I'm your Hucklebearer."

Offline dwj

• "i shall return.....to ROOL!"
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
Well said........I agree 100% 7. Tour de france wins is 7 tour de france wins.....how dare they try to  diminish that accomplishment